Guidelines & Selection Criteria
25 June - 12 July 2020
International Experience in Friuli Venezia Giulia / Italy
for 22-35 year old young professionals
employed/engaged in Sustainable Tourism, Business and Cultural Exchanges
from EU, EEA, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Balkans
About CuriosiFVG 2020
The initiative aims to promote Friuli Venezia Giulia as an Italian region able to offer a wide range of sustainable tourism experiences, as much as business and cultural opportunities.
About the Experience
The International Experience will consist of different activities throughout the region:
- Visits to the most significant cities (Pordenone, Trieste, Udine, Aquileia and many others) “living like a local”: taste local food and wine, browse craft shops, participate in cultural events as festivals and concerts, get in touch with the warm hospitality of local people.
- Experience the green heart of the region through guided trekkings in the mountains.
- Experience the blue heart of the region through a day trip to the seaside.
- Seminars with experts and representatives from the worlds of culture, science and economics, dealing with artistic heritage and new trends, socio-economic aspects.
- A three-day work experience in local businesses (companies working in the sectors of tourism, local food production, the wine industry and manufacturing for export).
The participants will be the protagonists designing their own experience and sharing it with other potential tourists all around the world: they will be expected to become storytellers and instagrammers, describing their daily activities in their social media, both in English and in their own languages, with the hashtag #CuriosiFVG2020.
This is a genuine opportunity for participants to share emotions of unique experiences and places, whilst living them.
Departure: Sunday 12th July 2020
The programme is to be followed in its entirety with activities taking place every day, including Saturdays and Sundays.
About Host Organization
- Being citizen of the European Union (except Italy), the European Economic Area, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Balkans.
- Being aged between 22 and 35.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree).
- Work experience, especially in the areas of tourism, commerce, cultural exchanges, science and environmental education.
- Good knowledge of English (at least European Framework C1 level).
N.B. Elementary/intermediate Knowledge of Italian could be an additional value, but it is not an essential requirement.
All expenses will be entirely taken charge of by the host organization and consist of: board and lodging, day trips and guided tours, transports.
Overnight accommodation with breakfast is arranged in a hotel near the course centre. Midday meals are also provided at the self-service canteen or in restaurants during day trips. Some of the evening meals are also included.
Travel expenses from the different countries to Pordenone and back, must be paid personally by participants, or by their employers or by sending associations/institutions.
Healt Assistance and Visa
Health assistance: all participants must be in possession of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), or a similar health insurance policy.
Visa regulations: to be able to benefit from the grant, selected participant must apply to the Consular Italian Authority for a Visa, if requested for their countries. IRSE will provide necessary documentation upon request.
How to Apply
DEADLINE 9 MAY, 2020
ACCEPTANCE will be communicated BEFORE MAY 23, 2020